Happy New Year! Now that all the festivities are over, it’s the perfect time to begin a healthy and fit 2013. And what better way to kick-start your new year than with some fun, flirty pole dancing?
Here are our favourite reasons why we love pole fitness:
Did you know…?
- Pole dancing is a full-body workout that burns up to 250 calories per session… But it’s so much fun, you won’t even notice how much you’re working out!
- Within a few weeks, you’ll notice your arms, core, and thighs toning up… and within a few months, people around you will start to notice your firm physique too.
- Many women also notice an increase in confidence and a sense of personal accomplishment, as they discover the amazing capabilities of their bodies through pole dance.
- Going for regular pole classes practically guarantees that you’ll make new friends! The journey of learning and nailing new pole tricks together is loads of fun and a fabulous bonding experience that you’ll share with your fellow pole sisters.
- It’s almost impossible to get bored, because there are so many different moves and tricks to suit all fitness levels, and each class is taught to different music to suit a variety of dance styles.
In fact, here’s a peek at the music we’ll be using in Term 1 (starting on Monday, 7 January 2013):
- R&B pop princesses, get your groove on with ‘Dynamite’ in Beginners, ‘Troublemaker’ in Intermediate 1, or ‘Get Busy’ & ‘Me and You’ in Beginner Pole Grooves.
- For a slightly slower, moodier tempo, let your emotions flow in Intermediate 2 with ‘Wide Awake’, ‘Mad World’ in Prep Advanced, or ‘You Got It Bad’ & ‘Family Affair’ in Advanced Pole Grooves.
- Head banging more your style? Rock chicks get ready for ‘Enter Sandman’ in Intermediate 3 and the hardcore ’Dragula’ in Advanced.
There’s something for everyone, but if you’re still not sure which class to sign up for, just come down to the studio and talk to us.