Everyone knows that here at Bobbi’s Pole Studio, we love our sexy dancing heels… the higher, the better! But besides helping us to look taller and giving us a great reason to shop for more shoes, they also have very practical functions.
There are actually huge differences between regular high-heeled shoes, and proper pole-dancing heels:
- The entire bottom portion of pole dancing heels are constructed as one solid piece, unlike regular shoes which are usually made with a separate heel, arch, and sole.
- Those solid one-pieces are made of very hardy plastic material that can withstand the hard knocks, lands, jump-splits and other pole-related moves that would otherwise destroy a normal pair of heels within weeks.
- The straps on pole heels are usually made of plastic or patent leather, which sticks to both skin and metal. They’re “grippier” and hence safer than those found on shoes made from suede, fabric, or real leather.
- The insoles of pole heels are padded to feel nice and cushiony, which can better protect your joints from impact compared to the flat and hard insoles of regular heels.
- The platform fronts on pole heels are perfect for using as ‘brakes’ while spinning, and prevent your toes from scraping on the ground during floorwork.
- From an aesthetic point of view, heels extend your lines by elongating your legs and exaggerating all the curves on your body, and well… who wouldn’t want that?!
How can you keep your shoes in great condition? Here are some tips:
- Wipe them down with a wet cloth after class and let them air-dry
- Carry them around in a soft cloth bag
- Never wear them out on the street or to a club night out (you don’t want picking up loo grime and spreading that all over the studio floor while you dance!)
- If you have several different pairs of shoes, try to wear them all evenly (shoes sitting in a box for too long might become discoloured or the plastic might start to crack)
Here are some of our favourite kinds of dancing heels:
- Hot Neons: They glow in the dark! Nuff said.. Plus, the black insoles won’t look dirty even after you’ve used them for a while.
- Ribbons ‘n Bows: They’re super girly and those ribbons will prettify even the plainest outfit.
You can browse through www.pleaserusa.com and place your orders through us at the reception for direct delivery to our studio.
And remember: It’s always a good idea to wear pole heels with ankle straps and buckles, to prevent your 7” stilettoes flying off as you swing upside down!