Congratulations on making it to the end of the term! You’ve worked hard to nail
those tricks and learn the new dance routines, so now it’s time to show them off
to your family and friends during performance week, which kicks off on Monday,
Here are some tips to make your performance a fabulous one:
- Find out which day your class performance will be held on, as not all
levels perform on all days.
- Practice your routine a few times in your actual costume beforehand to
prevent surprise wardrobe malfunctions.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early so you have adequate time to fully warm
up, stretch, and maybe watch a video of your routine before rehearsal.
- Tell whoever is coming to support you by not taking photos or videos
during any of the performances.
- Have your shaving gel, Dry Hands and water nearby.
- Make sure you know which routine is before yours so you know when to
get ready to go to your pole when it’s your turn.
- Remember to smile! Nobody minds if you make a mistake as long as
you’re having a good time.
- If all else fails and your mind suddenly goes blank, just Keep Calm & Body
- Don’t forget to stretch out and cool down. Your body will thank you the
- Take lots of photos with your friends and classmates! Just remember to
inform them before you tag them on Facebook as they may wish to keep
their pole photos private.
- Performance night is the best time to sign up friends who want to try pole
dancing. After all, they’re already at the studio and have just seen how fun
Need to buy a costume last-minute? Look no further:
- Bugis street is a favourite amongst our instructors and students. It’s just
a hop from the studio and has a huge variety of very affordable shorts,
swimwear, lingerie and even accessories like stockings and gloves for
around $10 – $20.
- Cotton On sells cute and affordable lingerie sets and active wear too, and
has outlets at nearby Bugis Junction and Plaza Singapura.
- La Senza is great if you want something more glamorous, like lacy sexy
teddies, baby-doll sets or satin one-pieces. The nearest outlet is located at
See you at Performance Week!